- Rear Spoiler
- Pedestal Gaskets
- Set of Washers
- Set of Screws
- Plastic Locator T-Strips
- LED Brake Light (if required)
- LED Cover & Screws (if required)
- LED Wire Connectors (if required)
- LED Wire Ties (if required)
- 3/32" Drill Bit
- 9/32" Drill Bit
- Phillips Head Screwdriver
- Masking Tape
- Electrical Tape
- Felt Tip Pen
- Rust Inhibiting Fluid (primer)
- 12 Volt Battery Charger
WingTech spoilers are finished in a high quality 2K primer. We recommend a 2K paint. Rub lightly with a scotchbrite pad or wet sand with fine sand paper before spraying topcoat. Test a small sample of paint on an inconspicious part of the spoiler to ensure good adhesion and that there are no paint reactions with the urethane. Best results require air dry, however baking up to 30 Celsius or 87 Fahrenheit is acceptable. For your convenience PRE-PAINTED SPOILERS are available!
Always check rear spoiler to ensure proper fit on vehicle before any prep work ,painting, drilling or cutting is done. Improper installation may void warranty.
- Place spoiler on trunk lid. After you are completely satisfied with placement, mark the position using a felt-tip pen. Check from below ensuring holes will clear any obstructions.
- Insert a locator T-strips into mounting holes, using a small piece of masking tape to secure strips to spoiler.
- Reposition the spoiler onto trunk lid. Tape down the locator strips to trunk lid and remove spoiler. Drill a pilot hole through the center of locator T-strips using a 3/32" drill bit.
- Remove locator strips and enlarge holes by using a 9/32" drill bit. If spoiler is equipped with an LED light, locate and drill a hole for the wire.
- ALL holes must be treated with rust inhibiting fluid or primer. Allow to dry.
- Turn spoiler on its back on soft surface to avoid scratching. If equipped with an LED light, feed wire through the LED channel. Remove double-sided tape on LED and secure into place. Install coverplate if equipped, with screws provided. NOTE: Test LED light before installing into spoiler.
- Install all gaskets onto pedestals.
- Place spoiler onto trunk lid and screw the spoiler into place using washers and screws provided. Avoid over tightening particulary if they bridge a hollow double-skin.
- If car is equipped with LED light, using LED wire connectors provided, splice the wires with the third brake light. Use LED wire ties to secure wiring.
- Now that the spoiler is installed and LED light is working, finish up your fine job by cleaning out the trunk lid thoroughly, making sure to remove all metal shavings.